Tuesday, December 2

finally.



I came from a pretty messed up family. At this point in my life, I'm pretty much sure most of us did, in one way or another. Hardly a unique experience. Few people get outta there without paying a pretty hefty price, I'm convinced of it. So, here's what I know: either that experience effs you up pretty good for the rest of your life, or it teaches you to cope, real, real well.

The downside to learning to cope, is that when you get really, really good at it? You have no idea when you're in a world of hurt. You just keep c-o-p-i-n-g. You're oblivious to the shreds of what you're becoming. You just keep c-o-p-i-n-g. You're blind to the deterioration, and to the debilitation. You just keep c-o-p-i-n-g. And you have absolutely no idea just how deep this ride goes. Because when you're coping, you don't look down.

No comments: