Monday, March 9

on camaros and wedding bands


Fifteen years ago, unbeknownst to me, this very car was sold to buy a ring. And with that ring on hand, very shortly thereafter, AJ and I eloped to (where else?) New Orleans.

To get hitched proper.

We were married at City Hall by a Cajun judge. His name was Dom, his accent thick. What I remember most about taking our wedding vows was the sculpture, of two frogs playing pool, that sat prominently on his desk.

After pronouncing us man and wife, Dom sagely ended the ceremony with the words, "Well watcha waitin' foh, boy?! ..... Go ahead and kiss-ah!!" and then whispered to AJ, ".... for your sake, I sure hope she can cook..."

From that day I have absolutely nothing, except my wedding shoes (a pair of well-worn Doc Marten combat boots), and the tissue that wiped away my tears (that I took from the Kleenex box, that sat next to the ceramic frog witnesses). There are no photos, there are no frozen wedding cake tiers, and mercifully, there is no home video.

Oh yeah ... but I do have that ring. ;)

Happy Anniversary my Love.

(and sorry about the car.)

+++++++++++++++

3/17/09 Update: The best anniversary present ever!! ...... :-D

4 comments:

ssportsman said...

Incredible!!!!! Happy Anniversary!!

I can't wait to see you in two weeks...

xtb said...

very nice... i can relate.

shortly after we were married, i (reluctantly) sold my '65 mustang to finance our move out to NYC.

the things we do for love, eh?

happy anniversary.

tb

carrie said...

schweet!

it is all about commitment! congrats to you two :)

TVC15 said...

Thanks for the well wishes you guys. It was truly a wonderful day. :)