My day started by being greeted by a real live bunny in my back yard. Fat, happy, and heralding spring. All he was missing was his little blue vest. Seeing bunnies is a rare treat around here, because usually coyotes see them first. Easter's tomorrow, but the forecast is calling for snow. With that in mind I decided to mark my annual Easter Ride a day early. The annual Easter Ride doesn't entail too much, except lots and lots of plastic eggs, filled with something welcomed but inedible, because no one will eat a dang they find in the woods dropped by complete strangers.
Prolly wise I guess.
This year, they were filled with money.
The pink eggs were the good ones, they had gold dollar coins inside (automatic carwashes be damned -- these coins have a higher calling), the purple ones carried dimes, the yellow had nickels, and so on.
The orange eggs? They were duds. Inside them were pennies, and a scarce few at that. MMWAHAahahaha! (A little evil on an otherwise benevolent day never hurt a thing. In fact, it kinda works as a karmic palette cleanser, dontcha think?)
And so, with a plan hatched, AJ and I headed out to A3S and were very surprised to find the trails in beautiful condition. Spring, finally, is here, or so it seems. So we welcomed it with a prayer of thanks, and began hiding eggs ... (as always, click on any photo for a larger view)
on Dedisse ...
... and on Evergreen Mountain
and on Three Sisters ...
Before riding back to the connector into Dedisse we saw a group of families hiking. They had six or seven young kids with them. I hid my last eggs and then rode over to a girl who appeared to be about seven. I asked the girl where she was going to hike, and she pointed up the trail we had came.
"Really?! That's great," I said, "because we just saw the Easter Bunny back there."
You should have seen her face. Amazing. Beautiful. What days are born of I tells ya! I told them all to keep their eyes peeled because the Easter Bunny looked very, very busy back there ...
These were for her. I sure hope she found them.
A beautiful, benevolent, and much needed day.
Oh, and the new tires?! Absolutley rocked! Why the hell I was rolling 2.3s with gigantic jack-o-lantern teeth, I'll never know. I'm officially a XC tire convert, and anybody who has a problem with that can explain to me exactly why my head's up my butt ....
... after they catch me on a climb.
Just ask this guy. Hee hee. :-D
3 comments:
YOU are a blessing in this world, in this universe..... Truly, sincerely, and deeply.
Bless you, sweet Michelle. Bless your heart and soul.
Jj
i hid plastic easter eggs today, too (for the HOA kids' hunt)...
also went on a ride, but not nearly as interesting as yours, i'm sure.
you do realize you've jinxed us by stating spring is here now. ?!
(glad you like the SB8s... i have my eyes on those as well, so you can be my guinea pig).
;-)
That's awesome :-)
Ed
Post a Comment