Ewwwwwww.
We hooked up with Mystery to ride. He wanted to ride Green Mountain and Matthews Winters. We were in a "what the hell" mood, so it all worked. After paying him him back his tube from Moab (and this time we gave hime one without a hole in it, new in the box, and he was very appreciative). We started from some lot offa Alameda (I'll never know my way around that park, I swear) and rode up Green Mountain Trail, to Box o' Rox.
Sunny, no wind, birds chirping. It was a freaking Disney movie out there. Took Zorro up to Dakota Ridge and was pleasantly surprised to find (basically) dry conditions the whole way. Was even more pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost little physical condition (that I noticed) but really happy to find I had lost zero visual conditioning. Oh man. Mary was singing. All the stuff I had recently checked off, rode like butter. Zero hesitation, full control, too much fun. Everything was dialed in.
Ran into Liz on the ridge, and after a hug or two continued to Matthews Winters which was in mostly good conditions with only a few questionable spots. Rode through, not around, my karma still in tact. After reclimbing the ridge, dropped Zorro and returned the way we came to our cars in Green Mountain.
Folks were nice on the trail today. I'm telling you, nicer than ever. I must have been wished a Happy New Year 45 times. And sold a lot of socks. Everybody I mean everybody wants these socks.
While we were packing up, had the pleasure of running into this cat. Hugs, kisses, ride plans all around. Man, what a great dude this is.
Then, it was off to El Taco de Mexico for Chile Relleno Burritos, smothered, with lots and lots of "onyan an salsah." Devine.
One day I might just have the guts to try the cheeksmeat burrito. Well, then again, maybe not.
You know, each and every time I ride Green Mountain I enjoy it more than I thought I would. And seeing as though you can hook it up with DR/MW and get 16 miles and 3200' out of it, I think I might just do this again. Happy 2009 everybody. I have a feeling we're gonna have a helluva good year ... :)
5 comments:
YYYYEEEE-ffin'-HAAAA!!!
GiddyUP Sistah!
Nice!!!!
Jj
We missed you two terribly today. I'm telling you -- this ride, the soul, the food, the company, the flow -- all of it, was right up your alley. xoxox myb
Nice looking ride. We were sneaky-peeky's on our ride and it was good :-)
Ed
I want some of those socks
You got it!
And, in case you were wondering, Spring '09 is all about the fishnets. :-p
Post a Comment